Sleek case and keyboard in one
Belkin may be in my bad books for refusing to respond to review requests (c’mon guys, I live in the next village), but there’s no doubt they make some pretty good accessories.
Their latest offering is the QODE keyboard for the iPad Air. The QODE is a Bluetooth keyboard that also operates as a hinged cover, thanks to the magnets built in to the side of the iPad for Apple’s own Smart Covers.
The QODE measures 4mm thick and is constructed from aluminium and plastic to fit in with the look and style of the iPad Air. It looks to be available in silver/white and black/grey finishes to match the styling of the iPad.
The pictures that Belkin have sent through are pretty low resolution, but the design looks nice enough and shouldn’t add too much bulk to your iPad (not much more than a folio case would, at any rate).
Personally, I don’t really care for iPad keyboards, if I’m going to be doing a lot of typing then I’ll whip the laptop out rather than struggle through with the tablet. Still, I know a few people who swear by their tablet keyboards, so there’s obviously a market for it.
- Protective screen cover and Bluetooth® keyboard in one
- Well-spaced TruType keys offer responsive, accurate typing
- Function and iOS specific keys
- Secure-hold magnets snap seamlessly to iPad
- Two angles for both landscape and portrait viewing
- Rechargeable battery with 79 hours of active battery life
- Anodized aluminium body in Silver
- Less than 4mm thin
- Smart sensing technology automatically turns keyboard off when not in use
The QODE is available at various online outlets, priced around £90.