Never leave your phone behind again
Watches that intergrate with your mobile aren’t a new thing, but it’s certainly an emerging market.
High street gadget aficionados RED5 have jumped on the bandwagon with the Cookoo Watch, an analogue timepiece with truly digital implications.
It might look like a fairly discreet timepiece, but the Cookoo connects to your iPhone or iPad via Bluetooth and keeps you up to date with what’s happening on your device?
Amongst the features peddled by RED5 in their press release are call, message and Facebook notification, proximity warning when you wander from your phone (or it wanders from you) and a battery notification for if your iPhone starts to get a little low on charge.
The watch will also sync with your calendar and give reminds of alarms. It’ll let you control your music, and also includes a camera, though no details have been provided on whether this integrates with the iOS’s photo app.
Not only that, but it’s waterproof to 50m and runs on a CR2032 coin cell which RED5 say is good for around a year.
The Cookoo watch is available from RED5.co.uk for £109.95
- Smart Watch syncs with your phone
- Keeps you updated with Facebook, calls and email
- Alerts you when you leave your phone behind
- Tells you when an alarm/calendar event is set
- One button camera trigger
- One button Facebook check in
- Outlives other Smart Watches battery life, last for about a year – no charging needed!
- Waterproof up to 5 ATM (approx. 50m/165ft)
- API soon to be opened to the public – utilise watch however you like
- Can locate the Watch using the app on your device
- Japanese analogue movement
- Digital for connected display
- Case diameter approx. 44mm
- Case thickness approx. 16.3mm
- Made from plastic casing, aluminium bezel, anti-scratch mineral glass with soft silicone band
- Bluetooth® 4.0, Bluetooth Smart, Bluetooth Low Energy
- Suitable for iPhone 5/4s, iPad 4th and 3rd generation, iOS6 and iOS5