3 lucky winners will win DS213air NAS drives
Owners of Synology NAS products might want to get in on some beta testing action and win themselves a brand new Synology DS213air NAS drive in the process.
DSM4.2 beta is available for download from today and offers some interesting improvements over the existing DSM4.1 stable release:
- Bringing storage efficiency to virtualised environment
- Elevate productivity on a budget and streamline IT administration
- Offer enterprise-ready Cloud Station and take the lead to support Amazon Glacier
- Increase reliability with a multitude of protection mechanisms
- Deliver the full-blast of multimedia streaming
- Provide the ultimate mobile experience
I’m highly interested in the mobile and multimedia streaming improvements. Seeing as Synology’s mobile apps are probably some of the better ones available today, when compared to similar devices.
The DS213air is the first device in its class (2-bay NAS drives) to feature a built in wireless router, which can be configured to replace your existing router, serve as a wireless access point, or to connect your NAS to your existing network via WiFi (look Ma, no wires!).
You can find out what I thought of it here.
Those interested in taking part in the beta testing can sign up here. Of course, TME advises that you conduct a full backup of all of your data before trialling any beta software, as you may encounter bugs.
Synology will reward the three users who provide the most useful feedback from the program with shiny new DS213air boxes.